Monday 1 October 2012

Ahhh - smell the fresh air!

Lacy my Light Sussex hen
What a great weekend it has been.

I finished working at my job on Thursday, there is a new job to be started on the horizon. It will be back to my comfort zone of working in a office and no more shifts, weekend work and I can walk to work. I am really looking forward to a new challenge.

Because I have had the whole long weekend free I have actually been able to spend a lot of time with hubby which has been really lovely. I don't think I let myself realise just how much I missed just hanging out with my best friend.

Another coat of white paint has been added to my $5 charity shop chair, it still might need yet another white coat before we hit it with the orange paint.

We moved an old tin water tank that looked like it may have once been used as a small chicken coop into plot 4 where the chickens current are so that they might have more shade now it is getting warmer and also somewhere else to lay their eggs. I still giggle at the fact that my 12 hens all seem to want to lay their eggs in the same 3 places and all at the same time. This then involves a ruckus of chicken clucking and line ups that continues to amuse me.

I also want to bring attention to a fellow blogger who I follow & has been kind enough to put a link to my blog on her blog. So in mutual admiration I would like to post a link to her site also;
Mrs Thrift's Simple Living in the Modern Day
http://notjustgreenfingers.wordpress.com/

I am also going to attempt the Blogtoberfest annual blogging festival my aim is to try to blog every day for 31 days

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me, that's very kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your more than welcome mate :-)

    ReplyDelete