Thursday 9 August 2012

Making Bread & Laundry Powder

 
So I have been playing around with this Laucke Bread Machine Premix Multigrain Bread, I don't have a bread machine and the electric oven we inherited with the house isn't the best but it has been fun and I haven't bought any bread from the shops in over a week.
We have recently ordered a new gas oven and I am very much looking forward to cooking with gas again. We also hope that it might reduce our electricity bill a bit.
My dear husband Kyle gave me a reality talk the other day, it seems we just don't have enough room on our 1/4 acre block to grow enough fruit and vegetables to live off, seems we will still need to buy some from the shops. This is rather annoying but it is reality.
  
I have been embracing the local library and borrowing books, this not only saves me money buying the books but they are being reused. I can't throw books out, I think it is such a waste but generally once I read a book I don't pick it up again. Before we moved to Cootamundra we had a big clean out and donated a lot of books to the library, hopefully for others to enjoy. I do still have a bit of an addiction with cookbooks but have managed to resist buying any new ones for quiet some time.

I got around to making my own laundry powder with happy results.
 
Laundry Powder Recipe
4 cups grated Sunlight pure soap
2 cups Lectric washing soda

Mix all ingredients together well, and store in a plastic container with a lid. Use 2 tablespoons per wash.
Add vinegar as fabric softener with a few drops of lavender oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment